5 days ago
Your life at Ubi:
While working in a creative environment, a Level Designer will have to create levels while staying in the game's rules, mechanics, and logic. You will shape the game's environment under the close supervision of the Lead Level Designer and the Level Design Director, in order to create experiences that elicit the desired emotions.
Your main mission:
- Understand the Design Director's vision and what part your level plays in the overall game experience.
- Understand the technical constraints under which you need to operate and validate your designs with the Level Design Technical Directors in order to ensure the level's feasibility.
- Plan, prototype, execute and iterate on the levels that are assigned to you while staying in close contact with the other job families such as level art, narrative/quest design and game design.
- Use the available tools in order to shape your assigned levels.
- Be able to receive and offer constructive feedback in group and 1-on-1 settings.
- Fix design bugs entered into the database by testers.
The professional value you bring:
- Good knowledge and experience of computer and video games.
- Ability to manage your own time and work within deadlines.
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation in English.
- Proficiency in basic software such as word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience in games development will be a plus.
- Basic knowledge of level editing tools and scripting languages will be a plus.
The personal value you bring:
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- High standards in everything you do, and a devotion to creating the best possible player experience.
- Seek improvement constantly (take initiatives, challenge yourself).
What do we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- Bonus scheme based both on individual and company’s performance
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and
pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.