18 days ago
A Level Designer creates the game world and defines the moment-to-moment gameplay experiences with the game’s mechanics and systems. With a player-oriented mindset, you will take levels from concept to fully playable prototypes, and further work with other disciplines to deliver fully realized, narrative experiences to a AAA standard.
The main and routine tasks of the Level Designer are to:
- Conceptualize and prototype the layout of 3D game environments and player goals and activities
- Communicate designs to the team through presentations and documents
- Build 3D game worlds by placing interactive elements in the game world to create variety, distribution, and progression of player activity using iterative design methods
- Collaborate with Directors and Leads to bring their high-level creative vision of our game worlds to life
- Collaborate with other game developers in other job disciplines such as Production, Engineering, Art, Lighting, Animation, and others – adapting to technical constraints while bringing game environments from concept to shippable quality
- Contribute to the improvement of the overall game by providing feedback to the team and use their feedback to iterate on your designs.
- Stay up to date on current trends, best practices, and latest technologies in your field of expertise
- Share knowledge and mentor junior team members
- Demonstrates passion and talent for games and game development
- Good communication skills, positive attitude, great work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to design, conceptualize, and create playable 3D game levels using level editors or game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Knowledge of game design conventions and systems
- Good understanding of the relationship between core game mechanics, gameplay spaces and interactive elements
- Knowledge of the game development process and game production pipeline
- Fast learner, takes initiative, and meets deadlines
Good to have
- Experience with text-based or visual scripting to create gameplay
- A background in traditional 2D or digital 3D art is a big plus
Ubisoft Philippines is a certified Great Place to Work ™ – our people always come first. We enable our teams to succeed in the world stage, where we are proud to take part in the most ambitious projects in gaming.
As our teammate, you will receive the best training, including overseas trips, mentorships, and access to online courses and resources covered by us. The workplace will be your playground, where you can fuel your creativity with free fresh fruits and snacks in the pantry, freshly brewed coffee, soft-served ice cream, and popcorn!
Work-life balance is important to us, which is why you’ll have a flexible work arrangement during the pandemic, on top of free physical & mental health benefits and more.
Come as you are. We value diversity and representation. We empower you to launch your own initiatives with our Diversity & Inclusion council composed entirely of volunteer employees.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Welcome to Ubisoft Philippines.
We push creativity and break boundaries, building breathtaking worlds from the ground up. We’ve developed award-winning AAA games, the likes of Assassin’s Creed (AC) Valhalla, Far Cry 6, For Honor, AC: Odyssey, AC: Origins and The Crew 2
Ready to take entertainment to the next level?
Embark on an epic journey and Create the Unknown with us.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.