12 days ago
Imagine your favorite game without the maps you usually play on, would it still be what it is without those maps and talented level designers who made them?
Level design has always been the fundamental part of the Game Development industry, it dictates the pace, creates a challenge and makes the best use of gameplay mechanics available. Level designers are expected to always challenge themselves when creating gameplay spaces and go above and beyond in crafting the most pleasing experience for the players.
As a Level Designer in Ubisoft Belgrade, you will be involved in all development stages of a project while working closely with Level Artists, Leads and Technical Directors in order to create rough maps and iteration prototypes as well as to implement gameplay intentions in the levels assigned.
- Conceptualization of levels/maps/missions
- Needs recognition for levels/maps/missions
- Creation of 2D and 3D layouts
- Implementation of required gameplay elements
- Cooperation with Art, Technical, Light and Mission designers
- Balancing of design decisions with technical requirement
- Good game culture
- Strong understanding of the elements needed to make a level fun to play
- World logic - a good understanding of aesthetics (form follows function; your pitched scenario needs to make sense within the overall context of the game)
- Flexibility when facing iterations and general adaptivity
- Experience using any 3d game editors is appreciated (Unity; Unreal Editor Etc.; or at least experience with 3d editors like 3dsMax)
- Familiarity with bug tracking tools (Jira etc.) will be considered an advantage
- Familiarity with scripting will be considered an advantage
- Fluency in English
- Opportunity to work and learn from the most technically gifted people in the gaming industry using latest technology and solutions
- Modern and cozy offices in downtown Belgrade
- Possibility to travel abroad
- Great referral fees
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Numerous fun activities you can participate in as well as a very casual and friendly working environment
- Game room and your own Uplay account
We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
Join us and become a key part in the gaming world!
Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. We are committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. Ubisoft Belgrade was established in 2016 and focuses on strengthening Ubisoft's presence, our main expertise being PC. Here you will get a chance to work together with young, creative and talented individuals who are just as passionate about gaming as you are!