Toronto ON ca
7 days ago
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
You will create the game levels and create and/or implement the gameplay situations based on the creative vision.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The main and routine functions of the Level Designer are to:
- Understand the part that his/her level plays in the overall game experience based on the creative director’s vision;
- Be familiar with the script and, more specifically, with the episodes in his/her level so that the story remains coherent by working with the narrative team;
- Prototype the environment, establish the layouts, and suggest ways of using the interactive and non-interactive elements to create the desired emotions;
- Communicate the results of the prototype to the other crafts in order to validate the intentions and have the level design TD assess the technical feasibility and the quality of the maps (game design director);
- Work in collaboration with the level artists to ensure that the playability of the level and the graphic elements support each other;
- As the project progresses, integrate the elements produced in the map (new gameplay, AI, sound, etc.);
- Control the accessibility, understanding, and level of difficulty of the level;
- Correct the level design bugs entered into the database by testers;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
College diploma in video game level design and production or equivalent training or work experience.
Minimum 2+ years’ experience in video game level design and production or any other relevant experience.
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Creativity, ability to challenge the player;
- Critical and analytical sense;
- Structure and rigour;
- Ability to put oneself in the player’s shoes.
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Relocation assisstance
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Located in Toronto's up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. We host monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and we provide the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our differences helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all interested candidates. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disability upon request.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.