This job might no longer be available.
10 days ago
We are looking for talented Level Designers to join the team at Supermassive, to work on a new unannounced project.
If you’re a passionate level designer, an Unreal whiz, and someone obsessive about designing and building amazing worlds and encounters, we might be able to tell you more!
This role involves designing and creating compelling game spaces and flow, puzzles & obstacles, exploring scripted and AI character systems, and setting up gameplay scenarios that encompass, showcase, and elevate core game mechanics and themes.
You need to be conﬁdent around Unreal Engine and have strong skills in Blueprints and Level Design.This position is based at our studio in Guildford and is available as a permanent role.
- Create compelling moment to moment exploration and combat gameplay, interesting environment puzzles and progression obstacles, and captivating level layouts.
- Block out game play in white-box levels and then develop that to final quality in collaboration with programmers and artists
- Create and translate prototypes into systems and game ready logic, iterating them to quality.
- Create, use and modify existing blueprints to create new gameplay.
- Competent using Unreal to create level layouts and experienced in various Unreal tools – you excel with blueprints and love to create exciting gameplay spaces to explore!
- Demonstrate experience of a collaborative approach to game making, showing how you worked together with other disciplines/team members to realize the best possible game play experience
- The ability to balance and adjust levels and gameplay content based on feedback
- A logical approach and solid problem-solving skills
- A solid understanding of gameplay, flow, and challenge/difficulty tuning
- Quick to adapt to proprietary software, workflows, pipelines, and tools
- A portfolio of gameplay and level design work that speaks to our key requirements
- Hands on design experience in a team, working on a published game
- A passion for making games driven by gameplay and stories
- Experience with puzzle design, combat design and action-based gameplay
- The desire and knowledge to push for quality in collaboration with your team
Why Join us?
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- 6 x life assurance
- Quarterly profit-related bonus scheme for all staff
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game