10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We're looking for a highly collaborative and skilled level designer who will work together with game direction and environment artists to create fun levels for our AAA game projects.
The Level Designer candidate will be able to create concepts for levels, build and own levels within the game engine and is able to iterate quickly within a dynamic and continuously changing environment.
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level to design gameplay elements according to the design and creative vision of the project
- Be a reference for the team in relation to level design and find solutions to complex issues that arise
- Establish and maintain best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Understand and apply guidelines for creating engaging level layouts within the game to support specific gameplay rules or play styles
- Understand and apply data analysis as part of the level design process
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools
- Collaborate with quality control teams as part of the debugging process by sharing relevant information, coordinating issue responsibility and resolving any reported issues
- Organise the playtest process, observing and analysing player actions to generate feedback that contributes to the iterative design process
- Conduct regular reviews of level design content, providing feedback in line with the creative vision and best practices
- Owning specific scenarios: creatively iterating on the design and polishing the gameplay experience by collaborating closely with other designers, environment artists and programmers
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Communicates with directness and is adept at conflict resolution
- High standards of respect and values strong teamwork
- Adapts swimmingly to changing circumstances
- Positive thinker with an ambitious drive towards quality and success
- Solid experience designing levels for games, with a minimum of 1 console title shipped
- Experience designing games in UE4 is highly beneficial
- Able to manage own time and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of scripting languages
- In-depth gameplay and game design knowledge
- Strong knowledge of level editors
Portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects.
- Interest in the technical aspects of AAA game development
- Experience of developing third-person action games preferred
- Good sense of cinematography and pacing
- (Native) Dutch speaker
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.