8 days ago
Two simple questions:
- Are you an experienced Level Designer?
- Do you want to work on the next exciting instalment of Sniper Elite?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Level Designer and join our passionate and talented Level Design team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
Level Designer role:
The Level Designer is a new role dedicated to creating game levels and implementing gameplay based on the creative vision of the game. You will communicate and collaborate closely with Artists to achieve a high level of environmental storytelling and historical believability in levels. As part of the Level Design team, you will play a key role in creating immersive gameplay scenarios.
This role would suit an experienced candidate with experience working on stealth/Third Person/Acton shooter games.
The Rebellion Level Design team designs, creates and maintains game levels from concept to shippable quality. Working particularly closely with the Environment Art and Game Design teams to implement fun and immersive gameplay utilising the game mechanics.
- Create game levels and implement gameplay based on the creative vision set out by Lead Level Designer and Head of Creative.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with Level Artists to achieve a high level of environmental storytelling and historical believability in levels.
- Create and fine tune immersive gameplay scenarios that support and enhance the core mechanics and creative vision of the game, with particular regard to what fans know and love about the Sniper Elite franchise.
- Provide feedback and collaborate with other Level Designers and Game Designers to define and tweak game mechanics throughout development.
- Integrate and balance familiar Sniper Elite franchise gameplay elements and features in to levels currently in development.
- Assist with any balancing, bug fixing and accessibility on levels currently in development.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- Experience creating game levels using industry standard 3D level-editing tools & game engines (UE4, Unity, Hammer etc)
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and work closely and collaboratively with other disciplines, such as Environment Art teams.
- Experience using visual scripting tools (Blueprints, Bolt etc).
- A passion for creating and balancing fun and compelling gameplay scenarios.
Some Desirable extras:
- Experience working on stealth/third-person/action shooter titles.
- A genuine interest and knowledge of World War 2 history.
Experience using 3D modelling software to create whitebox/greybox layouts (Blender, 3DS Max, Maya etc).
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries