25 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic Games.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Level Designer to join our Design team. In this role, you'll utilize your experience, knowledge of design tools, and sense of scale to push the visual quality of the game and delight players with fresh experiences. Level Designers at Epic Games are part of a cross-discipline content team working to develop great-looking levels that expand the Fortnite universe.
In this role, you will
- Creating buildings, natural landmarks, and POIs using modular kits to design visually appealing and fun locations that follow gameplay rules
- Focusing on building engaging and compelling gameplay spaces
- Using content to tell stories, pushing the ambient storytelling in the world
- Using your experience and tools to make the world come alive
- Help drive the vision of in-game locations from planning all the way to ship
- Working effectively in a collaborative environment, providing input and regular feedback
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of Level Design experience with shipping at least one title
- Experience using a level editor (UE4 or similar)
- Experience designing and building compelling first or third-person levels that are aesthetically pleasing and fun to experience
- Direct involvement with prop placement, lighting, mood/atmosphere, and design markup
- Experience working closely and communicating with artists
- Demonstrated ability to improvise and creatively solve problems
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic Games and influence everything we do.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year, we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for seven years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.