15 days ago
Avalanche Studios is looking for a talented Level Designer to work on the development of a high profile AAA project.
As a Level Designer you will be responsible for scripting events, creating locations, and building the world to craft immersive and interactive locations.You’ll be hands on with the Apex Engine and its editor using visual scripting, working collaboratively with Environmental Artists and Mission Designers to deliver worlds that balance visuals and gameplay requirements equally.
You will also work closely with other teams to realize the vision of the game, acting as a conduit to facilitate the needs of the many interacting systems such as Audio, VFX & AI that overlap with level design.
- 3+ years of games industry experience, ideally having worked on an open-world title.
- A deep understanding of visual scripting, with demonstrable examples of work in this area.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of open world game design, and how systemic systems function in sandbox environments.
- Be able to utilize constructive feedback and/or data effectively to iterate and balance systems.
- Highly proficient with 3D level design tools.
- A great sense of technical know-how and functional problem-solving, ideally with some basic coding experience.
- The ability to work closely with other departments, with an understanding of dependencies and associated workflows to collaborate on overlapping systems.
- Self-motivated in setting and reaching goals while able to produce results as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate ideas and requirements clearly to stakeholders.
- Experience with various game engines, editors and their workflows.
- Passion for making and playing games.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.