10 days ago
HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports video games and the studio behind PGA TOUR 2K Golf. We have an opportunity for a Level Designer to join our team of developers, creators, and fans, who are passionate about the art and process involved in video game development.
As a Level Designer, you are responsible for driving the vision and creation of level design from concept – through production – to release, all while ensuring the quality of the game and its gameplay are of the highest standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with game designers and across disciplines to translate concepts into specific playable levels, including layout, modeling, gameplay, event scription, and balance and tuning of levels.
- Fleshes out level / environment architectural details and works with artists for textures and details to establish levels’ final appearances.
- Provide feedback on and contribute to the direction of user-facing level creation tools including but not limited to the User Interface, Models, Textures, and VFX options available.
- Deliver and ensure that the quality and performance of all created levels is maintained throughout production and bug
- Ensure all tools and features are working as intended and coordinate with the QA team to report bugs and reproduction steps.
- Utilize provided toolset and operate on the outlined processes for handling working files, implementing levels, vettingcheck-ins, etc.
- Document tools and processes used to create level content.
- Work with LiveOps team and provide input to community engagement opportunities.
- Collaborate with Manager on short and mid-term objects of project milestones and deadlines.
- Performs research for levels and provide additional support as needed in replicating real-world environments.
- Contribute to the studio’s growing philosophy of game design and how we make
Essential Skill, Knowledge and Experience
- The ability to demonstrate outstanding level creation skills.
- Industry experience and knowledge of the video game development process.
- A collaborative mindset with the ability to welcome and consider all forms of feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work across disciplines.
- Self-motivated individual with a willingness to research and learn the subject of assigned games.
Desirable Skill, Knowledge and Experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience creating content in The Golf Club or PGA TOUR 2K series.
- Experience as a level creator on racing or action-sport games.
- Experience with the Unity game engine.
- Experience with collaborative documentation, and planning and source control tools.