Level Designer, Temp
10 days ago
Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Seoul and Austin are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Novato studio is looking for a Level Designer who can leverage emergent gameplay systems to create exhilarating playgrounds of destruction. You will collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to define environmental features and gameplay systems that interact in surprising and delightful ways.
What You Will Do:
- Conceive, build, and polish levels; from gray box through final release you’ll own it all
- Collaborate across disciplines to get the most out the features we design and create
- Drive the creative process by pitching your ideas to the team and iterating based on feedback
- Research subject matter as needed to create the most authentic experience possible
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- A proven track record of at least one shipped title
- Comfortable with both conceptual and practical aspects of game design
- Experienced with 3D modeling and level building tools and pipelines
- Outstanding at receiving and giving constructive feedback
- Self-motivated and proactive with a passion for games
- Experience creating spaces that create opportunities for players to set their own goals
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in-person and remotely
- Professional level design experience
- Experience with a 3D engine and familiarity working through a pipeline that moves assets from authoring tools to integration
- Possess a solid foundation in Maya
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test and iterate on concepts quickly
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.