This job might no longer be available.
Level Designer - Star Wars
7 months ago
Zynga is proud to announce the opening of a brand-new game development studio in Austin, TX. The studio will partner with NaturalMotion, a Zynga-subsidiary, to develop a premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe. The new Austin studio will collaborate closely with BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, and an award-winning games developer based out of Brighton, England.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to take on next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a studio leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
This is a rare opportunity to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America, and to make your mark on a brand-new franchise in the Star Wars universe and the future of mobile gaming.
About the position
The ideal candidate is a proven level designer with firsthand experience creating engaging and vibrant levels.
They are a passionate fan of the action and shooter genres, and understand what makes their favorite maps and levels great, from well-placed chokepoints to smartly constructed player flow. They can apply these learnings to new levels in our world, and own the creation of those levels from the first moodboard images to coordinating final art polish.
They are a proponent of designing through constant playtest and iteration, and are gracious and adept at taking constructive feedback and applying it to their level designs. They are a natural storyteller, not with words but with the game environment itself. They know that storytelling is a function of visual elements, emergent gameplay moments, and the interaction of systems and environments in novel ways that continually surprise and delight the player.
This role reports to the Lead Level Designer in Austin, TX.
In this role, you will
- Own the level design process for multiple levels, from ideation and moodboarding, through greyboxing, to coordinating final art polish.
- Work with art, creative leadership, and other designers to create environments that adhere to the vision for the game.
- Take constructive feedback from repeated play to “find the fun” and craft AAA quality levels.
- Solicit, organize, and distill feedback from within the team and the broader organization.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.