Level Designer - Singapore
12 days ago
ES Singapore is a brand-new studio with big ambitions and a forward-thinking approach to game development, following in the footsteps of its world-class HQ in Brighton, United Kingdom. We can offer you an award-winning working environment with an employee satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
ES Singapore are looking for an accomplished, enthusiastic and self-motivated Level Designer to join our Singapore based team working on an exciting, new and unannounced project.
We encourage both mid - senior level designers to apply.
A Level Designer at ES Singapore:
- Will be responsible for finding the fun, injecting personality and adding narrative into our games through their levels.
- Prototypes innovative level and gameplay concepts via 3D modelling, scripting and other tricks of the trade.
- Employs various modelling techniques to block out environments with level progression and the overall game experience in mind.
- Works in close collaboration with the environment artists and game designers, while extending collaboration and bringing solutions to the team across all disciplines.
- Assists in the continued improvement of production pipelines and workflows within the studio.
- Conducts regular playtesting sessions to gather user feedback and subsequent action points.
- Iterates on the gameplay experience to fine-tune it for maximum quality and optimum performance to ultimately ship an incredible product.
- Maintains strong knowledge of trending level design techniques and the capabilities/limitations of these techniques as they relate to project objectives.
- Willingly and regularly share your expertise with peers and expect the same in return.
- Unity and/or Unreal Engine experience.
- At least 1 published AAA title in a proven level design capacity.
- Confident 3D level prototyping & modelling skills across a range of packages i.e. Max. Maya, Unreal etc.
- Experience with gameplay and level/mission design scripting tools akin to Kismet, Unreal Editor, Lua.
- Effective aptitude in basic programming principles.
- Firm technical ability relative to game engine technologies.
- Expertise in level design concepts and 2D level layouts.
- Be very receptive to direction and feedback while performing well within a collaborative team environment.
- An enthusiastic gamer with an understanding of both level design and effective game design methodologies, with the ability to clearly and passionately communicate this to others.
- Experience or an appetite for 3rd person action adventure games and multiplayer map design is an advantage
When you join Electric Square Singapore you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
• Holidays - 19 days’ annual leave entitlement plus an additional 4 days studio closure over the end of year festive period plus all Singapore bank holidays.
• Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
• Team Project Bonuses
• Private Medical and Dental Insurance Scheme – You will be entitled to participate in the Company’s private medical & dental insurance scheme.
• Group Income Protection
• Health and Well-being Allowance – $90 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
• Group Life Insurance
• Volunteer Time Off ‘Electric Square in the Community’ – Spend one day per year on full pay volunteering for the non-profit organisation of your choice.
• Tech Scheme – Interest free company loan to buy Tech, which will be deducted from your monthly salary for the duration of the loan.
• Contributory pension scheme.
• Cycle to Work Scheme – Interest free company loan to buy a bicycle/bicycle accessory, which will be deducted from your monthly salary for the duration of the loan.
• Free Fresh Cooked Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of many amazing local pop-up diners – A wonderful way to catch up with everyone on a Friday!
- Free Awesome Swag – Sleek Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the iconic Electra symbol emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Exclusive anniversary presents – After your first and third year as an Electron to say a big thank you for your continued dedication and commitment to Electric Square.
- Free roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Breakfast Bars – For when you need that extra boost at breakfast time.
- Fresh Fruit – Provided daily.
- Cookies & Biscuits – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Electra's Beer Fridge – Free beers, ales. Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to.
- Fantastic studio in the centre of Singapore
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Singapore has to offer.
- Christmas & Summer Parties– Fantastically fun Summer and Christmas parties!
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get everyone out seeing what’s going on.
At Electric Square, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.