This job might no longer be available.
Level Designer - Senior
25 days ago
Your role is to create and implement locations and gameplay situations based on the world vision and the creative vision.
What you'll do
- Understand the role of your locations and set ups in the overall game experience through the vision set out by the creative director;
- In collaboration with members of the Level Art group, ensure that the flow, composition and pace of the level and the distribution of the element to add variety are in line;
- Prototype layouts and suggest ways to use interactive and static means to create emotion for the player;
- Communicate the results of the prototype to other working units to validate intentions and assess the technical feasibility (level design technical director) and quality of the maps (level design director);
- Work in collaboration with level designers (quest) and level artists to ensure that the level is playable and that the graphic elements support each other;
- Integrate new elements into the world as they are produced (new gameplay, AI, sound, etc.);
- Anticipate technical challenges and correct bugs entered into the database by testers whenever necessary;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- A degree in video game level design and production or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in video game level design and production or other relevant experience;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Critical sense and analytical skills;
- Structure and rigour;
- User focus.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
Founded in 2005 and with a team of over 600 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec is now one of the leaders in the industry. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, our studio assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey as well as Immortals Fenyx Rising, and is now developing Assassin's Creed Codename RED.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.