Level Designer (Rapid Prototyping)
4 days ago
Wargaming is looking for an experienced Level Designer to join the Rapid Prototyping team.
The core team is based in Cyprus and is engaged in creating game prototypes for the purpose of searching ideas for new exciting games of various genres for different platforms.
We need a person who is fond of creating bright and memorable 3D game worlds with attractive gameplay and wonderful visuals, where the player will want to stay for a long time.
In addition to making awesome maps, a Level Designer will collaborate closely with the colleagues from different areas and offices to achieve our common goal – the development of a new exciting gaming experience. Actively participate in game design, provide hypotheses, arrange playtests, collect and process feedback. Practical experience in any of the following related areas will be a big advantage: game design, art, programming, etc.
We will be glad to have a dedicated and self-organized professional on our team!
We can offer you a remote work option or support your relocation.
What will you do?
- Create map prototypes for different projects (on Unreal Engine mostly)
- Experiment with prototypes to find the best way to fully realize gameplay ideas for a particular project
- Arrange playtests, analyze the results
- Polish and finalize successful maps up to release quality, while actively interacting with colleagues and partner studios
What are we looking for?
- Passion for games, as well as diverse gaming experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in Level Design for 3D action games
- Your portfolio with the examples of your best projects and detailed descriptions (what exactly was done and why it was good)
- Attention to detail, reasonable perfectionism, the ability to make functional things beautiful
- Proactive approach, self-organization, the ability to make decisions and remain productive in constantly changing environment with high degree of uncertainty
- Pre-Intermediate/Intermediate level of English, willingness to actively learn the language and upgrade it in reasonable timeframes
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Unreal Engine, Blueprints experience
- Experience in related areas: game design, art, programming, etc.
- Positive and successful experience of remote work
- Good knowledge of Wargaming titles and understanding why they are successful
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.