PopReach is a free-to-play game publisher acquiring and optimizing proven, profitable games and game franchises. With over 140 smart and creative professionals at studios in Vancouver, Toronto, London, and Bangalore, we are 100% focused on making great games available for download on your phone, tablet, or desktop.
Founded in 2015 by some of the most successful individuals in the mobile games business, PopReach is looking for people who know what it takes to excel in that environment: determination, self-directedness, creative problem solving, and an A+ team player .
This role is a unique opportunity to help bring the popular Payday shooter franchise to mobile for the first time! Regularly in the top 15 games played on Steam, Payday is beloved by millions of people around the world.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and artists to craft the leading stealth co-op shooter experience on mobile.
- Plan levels that incorporate major stealth and FPS gameplay elements by creating design concepts, gathering references, and evaluating resources needed for development.
- Prototype, implement, test, and polish multiple levels to ensure appropriate pacing, challenge, scalability, and replayability.
- Incorporate strong social design that supports player agency, strategy, and cooperation, to make a world-class co-op shooter experience.
- Be self-motivated and forward-thinking, always focused on improving players’ experience through map design with minimal direction
- Demonstrate strong eye towards aesthetics, with an ability to work collaboratively with the art team.
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve game levels
- Work with software engineers and technical artists to achieve performance targets
What You Bring:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in Level Design.
- Strong portfolio of shipped levels; ideally in the shooter genre.
- A great understanding of factors that influence Level Design, such as function vs. form, mass and void, flow, pacing, balance, scale, elevation, line of sight, Bushnell’s Law, etc.
- Experience building levels in Unity
- The ability to analyze feedback in order to evaluate and improve your work
- A passion for problem solving and the drive to take ownership and grow with us
- Skills in optimizing games and understanding of instancing, merging, levels of detail, hierarchical instanced static meshes, proxies, etc.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives
- Fan of PayDay 2 and other shooter games.
- Experience with Maya and Photoshop
- Experience with lighting in Unity
- Familiarity with BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, and Amplitude.
COVID-19 considerations : We are working from home with the option of working together socially distanced in the office a few days a week.
At PopReach, we embrace and value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strive to grow and foster an amazing team that appreciates a variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We truly thank you for your interest, we'd love to hear from you!