Level Designer (New Mobile Game)
Minsk, City of Minsk, Belarus
13 days ago
Minsk studio of Wargaming Mobile, the team responsible for World of Tanks Blitz development and operations, is looking for a Level Designer to work on an exciting new multiplayer shooter with a third-person view targeting a worldwide mobile audience.
Our ideal candidate is as passionate about competitive shooters as we are, enjoys playing games, wants to make real contribution to development of a brand-new game on Unreal Engine!
Wargaming Mobile is a division of Wargaming focused on mobile game development and publishing. Our single priority is delivering top-class mobile experiences to be enjoyed by millions all over the world. World of Tanks Blitz and World of Warships Blitz have achieved just that, while our studios in Berlin, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Moscow, and the aforementioned Minsk one are busy working on several new unannounced projects.
What will you do?
- Research, create mood boards and generate ideas for concepts of new game levels
- Design levels prototypes: from paper ones up to whiteboxes
- Work in Unreal Engine: with terrain, with a scene, support core gameplay, prepare new map iterations
- Create technical documentation for related teams (first of all – for art production)
- Conduct map playtests and work with feedback
- Gather and analyze statistics on the released maps
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years’ experience in game industry as Level/Game Designer
- Hands-on knowledge of Unreal Engine/Unity/CryEngine etc.
- Understanding of competitive gaming principles backed by diverse gaming experience
- Communicative and able to express your thoughts and ideas clearly
- Portfolio demonstrating your skills in game levels building (with screenshots and descriptions)
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with Blueprints
- 2D and 3D skills (Photoshop, 3D Max, etc.)
- Gaming experience with Wargaming titles
Wargaming is a great international team reaching beyond boundaries! We’re interested in talented people from across the globe that is why we are quite flexible with regard to different locations: the core team is based in Minsk – so the vacancy presupposes relocation to Minsk, however, start from remote, employment in Moscow or Berlin with business trips to Minsk is also possible! So you’ll have a chance & time to try Minsk and make a decision about relocation. We provide full support in terms of relocation and adaptation to a new city. Learn more details about our relocation program at gotominsk.wargaming.com.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!