Level Designer [New IP] (601)
1 month ago
Level Designer (last updated Aug 23)
At Ubisoft, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritising equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.
As our next Level Designer, you’ll be accountable for the design of content that improves game levels and worlds to ensure optimum playability. Y ou relish the opportunity to implement features with your creative vision into the design of a game. You can see the bigger picture, with a deep understanding of how the game levels' difficulty, pacing, and flow impact player engagement.
You also champion the voice of your colleagues, not afraid to innovate and bring ideas to life. You’re looking for a creatively rewarding, exciting opportunity working on an exciting AAA gaming experience, that provides interesting challenges that have yet to be explored in the gaming industry.
At Ubisoft, we aim to be a destination of choice for the best talent. To be the market leader, we need people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our pillars of success, as together we will: build creative hits, partner & collaborate, deliver with excellence, and celebrate difference.
What you'll bring
We put our people first through nurturing their creativity and well being and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world. We also value the art of collaboration and a sense of belonging which is why we've embraced a hybrid working model that requires our team members to be on-site for an average of 2 days per week, fostering a vibrant and creative work environment that unites us in pursuing our shared goals.
- Level Design or Mission Design experience.
- Degree in Game Design, Level Design or equivalent.
- Industry-standard level editor knowledge (Unity, Unreal, bespoke etc.).
- Portfolio with recent Level/Quest examples (if unable to show commercial examples, please share solo or personal projects).
- Upto date on current trends in design for games.
Joining Ubisoft you will contribute to a fun and friendly team that values openness and inclusivity as one of our key pillars. You will have the opportunity to learn, grow and develop your career whilst sharing our continued success as we expand our ever-growing catalogue of games.
With us, you’ll be part of a highly talented team aiming to create a whole new world for our players as we strive to successfully release the next big Ubisoft IP.
Your passion for learning and development will enable you to push boundaries and continue to grow and progress in your role, with limitless opportunities to reach your full potential.
To us, it’s more than just a job at Ubisoft. It’s a journey. It’s an experience. A way to bring players and communities together. A place to celebrate our differences. A place to grow.
What we'll provide
We put our people first through nurturing their creativity and wellbeing and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world.
- Everything you need to keep your life in balance - hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave, Christmas shutdown, and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
- Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance, and more
- Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
- Investment in our community - with paid volunteering days
- Fun and entertainment - with free games, activities, and celebrations
- Generous relocation support - should you need it
Positive mental health and wellbeing at work are priorities for us. We are a Gold Employer in the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index, and partners of Safe in Our World. We run an inclusive Wellbeing Champions programme and provide a wide range of training and resources to support all of our people to proactively discuss and manage their own mental health, as well as support their team members.
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world’s most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We’d love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Luke Murtagh, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.