Level Designer Intern
16 days ago
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona, part of the Take-Two Interactive family. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans worldwide.
We are hiring a Level Designer to join our 6-month internship program and work on a range of exciting projects. As a Level Designer, you will be assigned to a puzzle project with an experienced Level Designer who will mentor you, teach you the ins and outs of creating new puzzles for our game, both on creative and technical levels and develop your skills until you can take full ownership on different aspects of level design.
What will you do at Socialpoint?
- Design new levels for our live puzzle game
- Tweak difficulty and rebalance existing levels based on data results to continuously improve levels and provide the best experience for our audience
- Participate in new game mechanism ideation and contribute with new ideas for the game
- Be mentored by a Senior Designer who will support your growth.
- Work closely with developers, designers, and artists in a collaborative environment.
- Provide estimations for your work, follow through with it & deliver awesome fun for players.
- Use our tools & production processes.
- Learn how to create the best player's journey through our game by crafting every step of their experience in the game
What are we looking for?
- Passion for creating mobile games for a wide range of audiences and genres.
- Love puzzle games, ready to become an expert in the genre and play and study the most successful puzzle game on mobile
- An intuitive and deep sense for fun, you are humble & eager to learn.
- Great focus & organization, able to take problems one by one.
- Relevant education in Video game development. Involvement in Game Jams or indie projects is very appreciated.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Has used any game editor or prototyping tool to produce your own game vision (be it a mod, a prototype, participated in a game jam…)
- Some experience with other forms of game design (paper role, tabletop war…)
What’s in it for you?
We do offer a paid full-time internship. However, we are flexible considering the student availability (at least we expect a part-time dedication).
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working-from-home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
If you choose to work in the office some days, don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our benefits tied to the office;
- State-of-the-art gym facilities so you can level up your fitness game.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet).
- Social Events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.