Level Designer - Casual Games
15 days ago
Job Title - Level Designer
Reports Into - Lead Level Designer
Location - Leamington Spa
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a Level Designer you have a talent to create fun and exciting game experiences for our players. You’ll be an expert in all things casual and have an impressive track record of designing successful hybridcasual, casual or hypercasual game s.
Your Team Mates
Your team is a diverse and creative group of designers from all around the world. Some are based in one of our offices, while others are working remotely. Instead of just being small cogs in a big machine, designers are given a large degree of freedom and responsibility over every game we make.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Working as part of the design team, taking responsibility for multiple mobile game projects, from an initial pitch all the way to global launch.
- Keeping track of market trends and coming up with game ideas that will be well received by the ever-changing casual gaming audience.
- Designing compelling game mechanics using modern mobile design principles.
- Creating, balancing and tuning game mechanics, game difficulty and UI flow.
- Creating levels and additional content using Unity, for new and existing games.
- Evolving and adapting game designs based on play testing, feedback and live metrics.
- Driving long term player engagement by understanding mobile players needs and motivations.
- Supporting the Executive Producer on the project in delivering a reasonable and fun experience to our players.
Your Hard Skills
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a game design role with at least one published relevant game
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play game monetisation and advertising techniques.
- Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially mobile games.
- Strong creative ideas and imagination, able to entertain players with challenges, humour, surprises and fun.
- Positive attitude, self driven, able to work alone or as part of a team.
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.