Level Designer – Assassin's Creed
15 days ago
As a level designer at Ubisoft Sherbrooke, you'll mix gameplay elements and guidelines to design unique places to explore and enticing environments to interact with. You'll help create the quests that will guide players through an immersive, memorable and rich adventure.
You'll draw the blueprint of what players will see and experience within a part of an immersive world!
You are an architect focused on function. You'll use the creation tools and game engine at your disposition to conceptualize, prototype, and deliver the levels you manage. Always mindful of how players will react and move within your layout, you'll adapt your designed areas to continuously boost their quality.
What you’ll do
- Document and create levels according to the artistic, creative and design visions.
- Present ideas to interdependent teams (conceptualize and communicate engaging gameplay experiences).
- Prototype different scenarios and gameplay elements to validate their pertinence and effect.
- Use integration tools to create explorable and rich gaming spaces,
- Lay out your environment in detail (place settlements, non-player characters, encounters, events, and other features that advance the game narratively).
- Use scripting tools to integrate narrative sequences and quest gameplay.
- Balance artistic aspects with metrics and technical constraints.
- Collaborate with level artists and animators to breathe life and beauty into your created space (composition, structure, architecture) and encourage interactions.
- Cooperate with mission designers to ensure playability and consistency.
- Develop your design based on comments from play testers and cross-functional team members (iterate, debug and optimize).
What you bring
- A college diploma in Game Design or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 3 years of experience in video game level design or related experience (having worked on a AAA game, an asset)
- Experience using game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) + knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max, Maya, or Sketchup)
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- A keen eye for detail
- Curiosity, flexibility, and resourcefulness – you can find creative solutions to problems with no clear answer (just yet)!
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- Please feel free to send us samples of your work (attach files or send us a link to your demo reel or online portfolio)
About Ubisoft Sherbrooke
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. It also means working in a human-sized studio where flexibility and interaction are the order of the day. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there's no need to compromise: family life, the outdoors, restaurants, outings with friends... joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle!
We're looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team. By the way, we are working on some amazing projects: have you ever heard of the legendary and acclaimed franchise Assassin’s Creed?
Interested? We're waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.