Level Designer - Assassin’s Creed [VR] for the Oculus platform (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
3 days ago
We are looking for a Level Designer (f/m/d)who will be responsible planing, detailing, and supervising the work of the game designers with a very strong focus on content creation.
The potential candidate will actively participate in the creation and development of the world by supporting the Content Director and ensure the team’s performance and resolve and manage the situations that hinder game design production objectives.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
- A Passion for VR; experience in VR is a bonus
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the games industry working in level design or game design; shipping at least one AAA project.
- Experience in level design;
- Excellent ability to organize and structure his/her own work
- Hands-on attitude;
- Unity knowledge is a bonus;
- Strong focus in user experience;
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written;
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude;
- Be a team player
- Create a compelling game world, place assets and terrain sculpting and painting based on the creative/level-design directors vision
- Manage your levels through the full cycle of production from conception to finalization
- Prototype the environment, establish the layouts, and suggest ways of using the interactive and non-interactive elements to create the desired emotions
- Create level concepts, block them out in the engine’s level editor and ensure a playable prototype throughout production
- Continuously improve and balance the difficulty and flow on the maps/levels
- Work in collaboration with the level artists to ensure that the playability of the level and the graphic elements support each other
- As the project progresses, integrate the elements produced in the map (new game play, AI, sound, etc.)
- Control the accessibility, understanding, and level of difficulty of the level
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to ensure the consistency of your work
- Mentor junior level designers and share your knowledge with your peers
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
We are creating a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s great IP’s, developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!