This job might no longer be available.
Level Design Intern (Summer 2023)
10 days ago
Why join us?
- You want to be part of the new DON’T NOD Montreal narrative game, led by key members of the team behind Life is Strange, and bring your talent to the project;
- You want to join a diverse and committed team, both in its culture and in the content of the games it creates;
- You're looking for an environment where you'll be able to interact with all the teams in a simple and efficient manner;
- You'd like to put your level design skills at the service of an original and sensitive experience based on its characters.
Work schedule: This is a full-time internship (40 hours per week, Monday to Friday).
Compensation: An hourly rate of 20$/h will be offered.
Duration: This internship will take place during summer 2023 over a period of 4 to 6 months (depending on the intern’s availability).
Location: This internship offers the possibility of working either at the studio or in Flex mode.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Montreal studio’s Senior Level and Game Designer, your role will be to apply your creative and intuitive mind to participate in the different steps of designing well-paced and rich levels.
Your mission will be to:
- Help building entire levels (level flow, scripted events, puzzles, cinematic integration, gameplay prototypes, etc.), from mockup to shippable and polished product;
- In collaboration with the design team, participate in creating level design documents to showcase your levels setups.
The must-have skills we're looking for
- Proven experience with any game engine (preferably Unreal Engine 4 or 5);
- Significant learning about the role of Level Designer, as well as visual scripting tools;
- Knowledge of the key components of narrative games such as cinematics, VO, environmental storytelling, character development, branching, etc.
What would set you apart?
- A genuine motivation to collaborate within a remote or onsite team environment;
- Solid ability to present and communicate with the different team members;
- A desire in pushing the boundaries of the role by being autonomous and having a creative approach to problem solving.
At DON’T NOD Montreal, we celebrate diversity and inclusivity within our games as well as our teams. We commit to equal opportunities and non-discrimination in our hiring process. We are respectful of the principles of equal employment opportunities, and that is why we encourage women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a disability, visible minorities, as well as any other person who can contribute to the diversity of our studio to apply for our positions.
We build close-knit teams to encourage a fulfilling work environment for all our employees.
DON’T NOD is an independent publisher and developer, based in Paris and Montreal, creating original narrative games in the adventure ( Life is Strange , Tell Me Why , Twin Mirror ), RPG ( Vampyr ), and action ( Remember Me ) genres. The studio is internationally renowned for unique narrative experiences with engaging stories and characters, and has worked with industry leading publishers: Square Enix , Microsoft , Bandai Namco Entertainment , Focus Entertainment , and Capcom . DON’T NOD creates and publishes its own IPs developed in-house, as well as using its knowledge and experience to collaborate with third-party developers whose editorial visions parallel the company’s own.
Step into the studio's immersive and innovative universe at dont-nod.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.