9 days ago
Wargaming invites a Level Artist to join its top AAA project - World of Tanks!
It's a two-times Guinness award-winning vehicle action game with a 110-million army of loyal fans. World of Tanks is a cultural phenomenon that has entertained players worldwide for around 12 years!
We believe we have a solid and involved team that continually strives to be on the edge of the gaming industry. We are extremely passionate about Art and always looking for innovative ways and approaches to bring our ideas and vision to World of Tanks gamers.
As a Level Artist, you will be engaged in the production of maps, hangars and all the necessary objects and work closely with the best professionals in the industry.
What will you do?
- Create game locations in collaboration with art director, game designers, 3D artists.
- Fill locations with content: arrange objects, buildings, props, trees, decals, roads, etc.
- Deal with the layout of tiles and decals, planting grass and debris.
- Setting up lighting.
- Create all kinds of natural objects: trees, bushes, grasses, stones, rocks, etc.
- Write a description of the necessary objects and look for a reference.
- Participate in the development of new tools and technologies.
- Engage in performance optimization and bug fixes.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in the game industry as a Level Artist/Designer for at least 2 years.
- Knowledge of the basics of composition, aerial perspective, theory of light, color science
- Strong artistic skills.
- Basic knowledge of gameplay and level design.
- Ability to communicate productively, perceive feedback constructively, ability and desire to work in a team.
- Versatile gaming experience, interest in computer games.
- Initiative, resourcefulness.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Understanding and experience with the Photogrammetry process.
- Knowledge and skills in Blender, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Substance Designer (or other similar programs).
- Knowledge and skills in SpeedTree, Houdini, World Machine.
- Art education.
- Intermediate Russian.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.