9 days ago
As a Level Artist at Ubi Qc, you'll create captivating 3D environments within an immersive world waiting to be explored. You will be an environment architect, a visual storyteller, and an experience maker wrapped into one.
Be it in a level, side mission, or piece of an open-world map, you assemble and position key elements to deliver impactful visual moments and enhance the player experience. Every asset you carefully place, from a building to a prop, tells a story and evokes an atmosphere and a mood.
Even within a given framework, you can push creative boundaries – and you have the artistic ability to do it. You know how to modify lighting, play around with composition, and add just the right amount of detail to develop a game space with plenty of personality.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with level designers and the art director to discuss and understand game intentions and vision.
- Perform artistic research (find written descriptions and visual references).
- Set up placeholders and submit modelling and texturing requests to artists.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Integrate and build assets into the game engine to set and dress a polished scene.
- Ensure integrated work is aligned with artistic direction and makes sense gameplay wise (test and improve).
What you bring
- A college diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent.
- Around 2-4 years of experience in modelling, texturing, lighting, and image processing, or other relevant experience.
- Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques.
- Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, colour theory, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Curiosity, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Creativity and a keen eye for detail.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio).
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and they have just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.