Toronto ON ca
19 days ago
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
As the Level Artist, you will represent the gameplay intentions as part of the graphic content of one or several game levels and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with the technical constraints and artistic direction.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The main and routine tasks of the Level Artist are to:
- Understand the game design documents to know the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style to create game levels;
- Understand the visual references, respect the artistic direction and search for more detailed and specific graphic references for the level(s);
- Understand project tools and their functions, the project file classification system and the process to update engine data and follow all instructions from the Graphic technical director;
- Set out the modelling and texturing needs, submit orders to modellers and texturers responsible for the map; follow up on the progress and quality of the work with the Project leader - Graphic;
- Assess level content with the immediate supervisor and establish time and planning estimates by priority and level;
- Build the rough map of the level with the level designer to show the preliminary graphic intentions, gameplays and ensure they are approved;
- Integrate the objects and textures that are produced into the level, create, assemble the key elements and determine a lighting intention in the map that is in keeping with the artistic direction;
- Act as a resource person for the artistic team for the map and level by answering questions from team members and informing artists of changes due to technical constraints;
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the maps once they are imported into the game by making any necessary changes and addressing issues with team members from other working units whenever necessary;
- Oversee optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
College diploma in 3D Art techniques for video games or equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in modelling, texture, lighting and image processing or other relevant experience;
- Experience in an art role on 1-3 AAA game production cycles.
- Knowledge of image composition;
- Strong storytelling and observation skills;
- Knowledge of optimization techniques (e.g. 3D Studio Max);
- Basic gameplay and level design knowledge;
- Knowledge of ways to create atmospheres (lighting, artistic composition, etc.).
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Sense of initiative;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Originality and resourcefulness in problem solving.
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Relocation assisstance
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Located in Toronto's up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. We host monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and we provide the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our differences helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all interested candidates. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disability upon request.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.