Streamline is looking for Level Artists to join our ranks to take on next-Gen developments as well as non-gaming applications of gaming technology. As a Level Artist, you will be making use of your compositional skills and creation of graphical content to breathe life into the game levels by incorporating environmental storytelling through prop placement while taking technological limits and artistic direction into account.
This position is open to candidates willing to work remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooperating with the Art Director and Art Leads to maintain artistic consistency and vision for the game while building stellar levels and scenes according to project needs.
- Creating strong environment storytelling with set dressing
- Ensure levels are profiled and optimized to adhere to performance targets where needed.
- Verifies the quality of the maps once they are imported into the game and make any necessary improvements.
- Profile performance and test gameplay elements of a completed level to be able to optimize and troubleshoot issues that arise.
- Setting up materials and shaders to achieve the best possible final quality.
- At least 2 years experience working in the games industry on at least one AAA title.
- Great sense of scale, proportion, and composition.
- Creativity and an excellent eye for detail.
- Good skills in one of the leading modeling packages (3DS Max, Maya, etc.).
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- High level of competency using game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, or Cryengine
- Able to adapt to custom game engines as well
- Experience with source control software such as Perforce and SVN
- Passion for games!
Nice to have:
- Experience with procedural content creation packages (Substance, Houdini, World Machine).
- Creating immersive lighting & environmental effects.
- Creating photorealistic original textures using various tools and middleware.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note: By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read and understood the Personal Data Protection Notice and consent to the processing of your personal data by Streamline.