Level Artist (M/F)
13 days ago
Reporting to the Lead Level Artist, you will be in charge of creating environments and atmospheres determined by the Art Direction.
Main missions :
- Agence 3D assets into the game (buildings, urban property, vegetation, etc.)
- Work on ground visual and elevation
- Integrate lighting into the layout
- Collaborate with the Level Designers to build the world
- Respect artistical, technical and gameplay constraints
- Be proactive on the improvement in the current assets’ quality and their placement
- Work on optimization and debug
- 2 years of experience as a Level Artist is preferable, ideally on AAA project
- Strong knowledge in game engines (Unreal, Unity)
- Solid experience working with 2D and 3D software (Photoshop, 3DSMax preferable)
- Strong knowledge in Asset Libraries
- Strong knowledge in 3D modularity
- Strong experience modeling and good knowledge of texturing and lighting
- Strong experience working with technical constraints relating to real time gaming
- Good artistic culture (composition, perspective, volume, lighting)
- Analytical mind and iconographic culture
- Strong sensibility in creation of realistic, harmonious and credible scenes
- Good communication skills, team spirit and autonomy
- Proactive, curious and dynamic, you have very good knowledge of the video game industry (open world, racing and online games in particular)
- Creative and rigorous, you are also able to question yourself
- Good spoken and written English
Additional desired skills :
- Ability to create 3D assets of all types (buildings, architectural elements, vehicles, furniture, etc.)
- Ability to work on texture in a realistic style
- Knowledge of PBR technology (creation of albedo texture, normal map, spec map, AO, etc.)
- Z-Brush, Quixel, Substance knowledge
If you want to be a part of it, don’t wait any longer! Submit your application to join us as soon as possible within the studio based in Villeurbanne/Lyon.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
- Remuneration according to the experience
- Vacation bonus
- Profit-sharing and participation agreement
- Four free games and eight concert tickets with discount per year
- Playzone & babyfoot
Ubisoft Ivory Tower is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Play as a team, Race for excellence and Get creative! At Ubisoft Ivory Tower, we are driven by these values since 2007, join us to work on our franchise The Crew as: LEVEL ARTIST (M/F).