Level Artist/Environment Artist
Kyiv, Київська, Ukraine
20 days ago
Wargaming Kyiv is looking for a Level Artist/Environment Artist to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title using Unreal Engine 4.
What will you do?
- Place world assets to dress a scene and create strong environment storytelling , giving context to game locations;
- Work with the Level designer to bring aesthetic composition to scenes with strict technical and gameplay constraints;
- Creating locations, to provide the best player experience possible;
- Work with modular assets, in-game shaders;
- Model/Texture objects and environments;
- Maintaining production and optimization pipeline.
What are we looking for?
- At least 3 years’ experience in working in the games industry on at least one AAA title;
- Be a ‘pro’ in level creation in modern game engines, like Unreal Engine, Cry Engine etc;
- Strong fundamental knowledge of art, visual communication and design principles;
- Great sense of scale, proportion, and composition;
- Creativity and an excellent eye for detail;
- Good understanding of light and color-coding;
- Strong understanding of how level design defines gameplay;
- Skilled at designing and composing 3D backgrounds and realistic textures with game engines;
- Skills in 3D Packages, Photoshop, Substance Painter/Designer knowledge;
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR);
- Understanding modular design;
- Understanding resource balancing and experience in optimizing scenes.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Interest in Lighting;
- You are passionate about creating video games and have a strong gaming background;
- Understanding of both modern and legacy real-time rendering tech and lighting principles;
- Ability to use any additional software (ZBrush, XNormal, World Machine, Speedtree, Houdini, etc) for the task;
- Techniques in 3D material and shader creation is a plus.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!