Legal Professional - Marketing and Product Approvals (Non-Attorney Position)
4 days ago
At EA, we inspire the world to play. We are seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and collaborative legal professional (non-attorney) to join our team. This position will report to Managing Counsel and join the Approvals team, a group of legal professionals who support our product and marketing teams on the creation of games, marketing campaigns, and policies to help deliver upon EA’s mission to be the world’s greatest games company.
This position may be based at our offices in either Redwood Shores, California, Los Angeles, California or Toronto, Ontario. We are open to hire this position at the Associate or Senior Associate level, based on experience and capabilities.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter, who is inquisitive and has a passion for video games and technology.
- Partner with Product Counsel and Specialist Counsel to support game development teams on legal issues such as content clearance, game features and functionality.
- Review and approve all consumer-facing product and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including ratings requirements, IP, advertising and privacy guidance, and regional-specific requirements.
- Help maintain and develop internal guidance, processes, and policies relating to marketing compliance.
- Review and prepare rules and disclosures for promotions including contests, sweepstakes, tournaments, and promotional offers.
- Review registration, marketing, and promotional materials related to Competitive Gaming tournaments and other live events.
- Perform trademark searches, content clearance research or other legal research as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- For Associate level, 2+ years of relevant experience at an in-house legal department or a law firm.
- For Senior Associate level, 5+ years of relevant experience at an in-house legal department or a law firm.
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced legal department.
- Experience or familiarity with video games.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.