[Legal Dept.] Senior Counsel - Head of Transactional
9 days ago
크래프톤은 서로 차별화된 크리에이티브 아이덴티티를 가진 제작 스튜디오들로 구성된 회사입니다.
창작에 대한 간절함을 가진 인재들이 모여 끊임없이 도전하고 스스로의 역량을 확장해 나가면서,
팬들을 매료시키는 즐거움과 오래도록 사랑받는 작품을 만들어 냅니다.
이것이 기술을 기반으로 창작을 지속하며 차별화된 결과물을 만들어 내는 크래프톤의 동력입니다.
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development teams responsible for various entertainment properties, including PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, ELYON, and TERA. The name, which is derived from the word craftsmanship, is an acknowledgment of the company’s never-ending pursuit of innovation and creating engaging experiences.
KRAFTON, consisting of PUBG Studio, Striking Distance Studios, Bluehole Studio, and RisingWings, is headquartered in Korea and has foreign offices across the globe. KRAFTON is rapidly growing and seeking a Senior Counsel who will be full-time in Seoul, Korea. This is a great opportunity to think independently, take the initiative in legal affairs, and work in one of the most exciting industries in the world. You will help the team keep its finger on the pulse of the changing legal landscape and help KRAFTON navigate any potential landmines across many KRAFTON's jurisdictions. Most importantly, you will lead the team to find solutions to every legal need to achieve KRAFTON's business goals. As Senior Legal Counsel, you will report directly to the General Counsel of Krafton at HQ.
- Lead the Transactional team to provide support and guidance to members
- Draft, negotiate, interpret, and seek enforcement of various complex multi-jurisdictional commercial transactions, including publishing agreements, marketing agreements, partnership agreements, user acquisition, and monetization agreements, vendor agreements, service agreements, consultancy agreements, commercial leases, equipment leases, software licenses, EULAs, IP licenses and royalty agreements, non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), SaaS agreements, online Terms of Service, etc.
- Draft and review online policies, including consumer notices, social media, press releases, etc.
- Draft and negotiate global key account deals between various multinational companies and the legal and business teams.
- Assess legal risk and advise on legal issues and risks for games, platform, publishing, informational technology, and other teams across the business
- Work closely with and provide legal guidance to the business teams supporting them in developing business strategies
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from across the business
- Set legal strategy on both high-risk and routine legal operations, and drive continuous improvements of standards, policies, procedures, and processes
- Develop and implement KRAFTON's standards in contract templates, standard clauses, and other consistent legal terms and provisions
- Collaborate with international legal colleagues to provide global guidance on diverse legal issues
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
- Stay abreast of legislation, trends, issues, and best practices on assigned areas and educate staff as appropriate
- Supervise outside counsel and effectively manage legal costs
- Transaction support for other departments as required
- JD from a top accredited law school
- Admission to the US Bar (California or New York is a plus)
- 8 + years of work experience at a major law firm or multi-national IT company based in the US, UK, or EU with a primary focus on multi-jurisdictional commercial transactions.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, and communication skills with the ability to support Intl Biz and Publishing deals
- Ability to lead diverse teams through complex negotiations, keeping all tasks organized and stakeholders clearly informed of deliverables and timelines
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal, including the ability to read and draft legal documents. Korean is a plus
- Another international law degree or bar admission
- Mix of law firm and in-house experience is a plus
- Ability to understand business objectives and think creatively and outside the box to find resolutions to achieve the requirements of all parties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Absolute team player - eager to learn and pass on your knowledge to more junior colleagues in the team
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment and interact with colleagues internationally
To join Krafton's challenge, the following Recruiting process is required.
- Resume screening > Phone interview > Technical Fit Interview > Final Interview > Join
- Please note that the position may be closed earlier than the end date as the open timeframe greatly depends on the job profile, number of applications, etc.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted individually via email or phone number provided by the applicant.
- Phone interviews are not mandatory and is employed in some cases.
- Please note that interview stage(s) may be added if necessary.
Please check the necessary documents!
- Personal statement (free format, entry-level applicants only), resume/cover letter (free format, experienced applicants), portfolio (if necessary)
- For Entry-level applicants, please hand in a personal statement which best reflects you.
- For experienced applicants, please hand in a resume and/or cover letter that highlights relevant experience and background.
- When attaching the portfolio, please check the instructions below.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.