[Legal Dept.] Senior Counsel - Head of IP
6 days ago
크래프톤은 서로 차별화된 크리에이티브 아이덴티티를 가진 제작 스튜디오들로 구성된 회사입니다.
창작에 대한 간절함을 가진 인재들이 모여 끊임없이 도전하고 스스로의 역량을 확장해 나가면서,
팬들을 매료시키는 즐거움과 오래도록 사랑받는 작품을 만들어 냅니다.
이것이 기술을 기반으로 창작을 지속하며 차별화된 결과물을 만들어 내는 크래프톤의 동력입니다.
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development teams responsible for various entertainment properties, including PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, ELYON, and TERA. The name, which is derived from the word craftsmanship, is an acknowledgment of the company’s never-ending pursuit of innovation and creating engaging experiences.
KRAFTON, consisting of PUBG Studio, Striking Distance Studios, Bluehole Studio, and RisingWings, is headquartered in Korea and has foreign offices across the globe. KRAFTON is rapidly growing and seeking a Senior Counsel who will be full-time in Seoul, Korea. This is a great opportunity to think independently, take the initiative in legal affairs, and work in one of the most exciting industries in the world. You will help the team keep its finger on the pulse of the changing legal landscape and help KRAFTON navigate any potential landmines across many KRAFTON's jurisdictions. Most importantly, you will lead the team to find solutions to every legal need to achieve KRAFTON's business goals. As Senior Legal Counsel, you will report directly to the General Counsel of Krafton at HQ.
- Lead the IP team to provide support and guidance to members
- Develop appropriate IP strategy to maximize competitive advantage and manage the company’s IP portfolio
- Manage numerous IP matters, including copyright, trademark, right of publicity, age rating, infringement, etc.
- Draft documentation and filings as needed in connection with the company’s intellectual property reinforcement efforts
- Lead invention/patent harvesting activities
- Monitor and protect the company’s IP, including the various social media channels
- Draft and negotiate settlement agreements and third-party licenses
- Advice on content production clearance, using the expertise in the IP law
- Support acquisition/divestiture transactions involving intellectual property assets
- Acts as a master of IP by networking effectively to share subject matter expertise across a broad cross-section of the organization
- Drive internal education initiatives and conducting training related to patents and IP protection and clearance
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of the IP team’s processes
- Closely cooperate with the Regional Legal teams and several departments at HQ, particularly Creative Dept, PUBG Universe, Dev studios.
- Stay up to date on emerging case law in the area of copyrights and trademarks
- Supervise outside counsel and effectively manage legal costs
- Providing other IP support as needed
- JD from a top accredited law school
- Admission to the US Bar (California or New York Bar is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of IP law (copyright, trademarks, designs); litigation experience would be strongly preferred
- 8 + years of experience in intellectual property law with a focus on trademark, including maintaining a sizeable trademark portfolio, experience enforcing IP against third party infringers, advising staff on IP rights
- Work experience at a major law firm or multi-national IT company based in the US, UK, or EU.
- Passion for videogames, following entertainment industry trends and being ready to discuss various game genres and franchises
- Working knowledge of social media and internet platforms
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal, including the ability to read and draft legal documents.
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering degree, or other related engineering degree
- Another international law degree or bar admission
- Mix of law firm and in-house experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess the exceptional analytical ability and advocacy skills
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Absolute team player - eager to learn and pass on your knowledge to more junior colleagues in the team
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment and interact with colleagues internationally
To join Krafton's challenge, the following Recruiting process is required.
- Resume screening > Phone interview > Technical Fit Interview > Final Interview > Join
- Please note that the position may be closed earlier than the end date as the open timeframe greatly depends on the job profile, number of applications, etc.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted individually via email or phone number provided by the applicant.
- Phone interviews are not mandatory and is employed in some cases.
- Please note that interview stage(s) may be added if necessary.
Please check the necessary documents!
- Personal statement (free format, entry-level applicants only), resume/cover letter (free format, experienced applicants), portfolio (if necessary)
- For Entry-level applicants, please hand in a personal statement which best reflects you.
- For experienced applicants, please hand in a resume and/or cover letter that highlights relevant experience and background.
- When attaching the portfolio, please check the instructions below.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.