19 days ago
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Xsolla is an international IT company that offers a number of services for video games. We create solutions for developers that help to integrate payments, attract users, and publish games all over the world. We also provide round-the-clock technical support. We are trusted by such giants as Twitch, Valve, Epic Games, Take2 and many more.
Now we are looking for an experienced lawyer whose responsibilities will include creating legal documents for new business strategies and the legal techniques related to the implementation of new business ideas. Fluent knowledge of English is required at this position. If you are ready to face new challenges and you want to grow as specialist in the video game industry - this vacancy is right for you.
- Consult business on the legal issues and implications of potential business decisions, initiatives and payment strategies, providing legal advice strategies and solutions for general business and legal issues
- Maintaining current knowledge on laws and regulations around payment services and digital innovation such as crypto currencies, blockchain, NFT, decentralized finance (DeFi), etc. including state money transmitter laws, AML regulation, card network rules, emerging payment systems, and other regimes
- Identify, summarize, and analyze the impact of new and proposed applicable rules and regulations to business decisions and current strategies
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and other documentation for new business ideas
- Working closely with business and technology teams to understand and achieve key business objectives and help them develop compelling product and service offerings
- Manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Provide other legal services and advice to the company as needed
- English language (for non-US candidates) (Advanced/C1 or higher)
- Minimum 5 years legal experience
- Knowledge of general corporate law (CA - for US candidates), financial services law and regulation (incl. money transmitter licensing and BSA/AML regulations)
- Excellent legal research, oral and written communication skill
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively, spot issues, prioritize, and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in decentralized finance (DeFi), cryptocurrency and blockchain technology with an eagerness to learn more about the industry
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in the crypto industry and (or) gaming industry
- Being familiar with payment systems and now they function
Convenient work tools
Latest Mac workplaces + additional hardware to make you more effective at work
Google Chat, Gmail, Google Drive, Confluence, Jira, GitLab
Free trainings and participation in specialized conferences
Rich knowledge exchange within the company
Health insurance (Medical, dental and optical)- Employee and dependants
Flexible hours: organize your day according to your needs and sprint & teamwork demands
No dress code
Comfortable and new office environment
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in in-game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Xsolla is headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, and cities worldwide. Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, Take-Two, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit xsolla.com
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive. Xsolla KL Sdn Bhd takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), Xsolla KL Sdn Bhd is mindful and committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. For more information related to PDPA 2010 please reach out to email@example.com.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game.
**Currently this position is open to all local applicants (Malaysian Citizen) or holding the PR status in Malaysia.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.