This job might no longer be available.
Montreal QC ca
12 days ago
As a Counsel Legal at the Montreal studio, you will work closely with all of our Canadian studios in the video game productions by putting your legal expertise to work for their creativity. With comprehensible and practical guidelines, you will ensure that the teams produce content that meets our legal standards.
Within Ubisoft's legal department, which is part of the Game Production division, your main tasks are as follows:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating all types of commercial agreements in French and English, for various contractual relationships with third parties in connection with Game productions, including service, licensing and distribution agreements;
- Providing strategic and practical advice to Ubisoft's production teams on all legal issues related to the Game production, by training these teams on the following legal aspects: Intellectual property: Copyright and Contracts Law;
- Imagine and implement innovative tools to train and empower creative teams around the world by communicating legal reflexes while preserving their creativity. You will work in collaboration with the innovation pole integrated within the legal department to imagine and implement the future of the legal profession in the video game industry;
- Stay abreast of any changes in legislation in the video game industry or other related industries that could have a direct or indirect impact on production;
- Ensure compliance with Ubisoft's business needs, policies and risk tolerance;
- Manage and work closely with external counsel on any pre-litigation situation.
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in business law or Intellectual Property.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position specializing in intellectual property in an international context and ideally in the video game industry.
Skills and knowledge
- Rigorous, you have real adaptability and are comfortable in a creative and innovative environment. You are business-oriented and have good negotiation skills. You enjoy working in a team, while being autonomous.
- You have a good knowledge and understanding of the video game production and business activity and/or the entertainment industry, and you play video games on a regular basis.
- Bilingual (French and English both written and spoken).
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status. The masculine form is used to make the text lighter.
Ubisoft Montréal, un chef de file dans le développement de jeux vidéo, situé au cœur du Mile-End de Montréal, offre un environnement unique où la créativité, le travail d'équipe et la technologie de pointe donnent vie à des jeux vidéo acclamés par la critique et aux franchises iconiques AAA.