12 days ago
We are looking for a lawyer or ambitious law or business law graduate with a generalist legal skillset and project management abilities for our in-house Legal Team. Having a strong interest in a broad range of legal areas, you will partner with and provide legal guidance to various teams throughout the company. This role will encourage a proactive and practical approach, eagerness to have impact and will require the ability to deliver on challenging legal tasks of a global gaming company. This position is available as full-time or part-time employment (minimum 24 hours/week). Depending on your previous experience, the position will be in a junior or regular role.
- Take ownership of practice areas where you independently advise teams and manage projects in legal matters including contracts, corporate, employment, IP, privacy and many more.
- Your daily/weekly routine will include the following activities:
- Synchronize with the Legal team during daily standup.
- Provide comprehensive legal advice to internal stakeholders and teams.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts and other legal documents.
- Manage legal-driven projects with participants from different professions and teams.
- Elaborate and provide passionate trainings on legal topics to employees.
- Identify legal risks, provide solutions and alternatives.
- Coordinate and manage external services and providers.
- A particular focus will be to establish best practices for cross-border “work from home” arrangements for our employees working from EU/EEA countries and potentially other countries.
- Despite your own area of responsibility, you are contributing to a collaborative environment within our Legal Team.
Your skill set:
- Formal training in German law: A qualification that fits the advertised role, e.g. lawyer ( Rechtsanwalt / Syndikusanwalt ), law or business law degree ( erstes Staatsexamen or Wirtschaftsjurist ) or similar.
- Robust generalist legal skills required in a company: Contracts, corporate, employment, IP and privacy law. Eagerness to switch between legal topics depending on the task at hand.
- First experience or a keen interest in project management: A proactivity for defining objectives, managing resources; effective communication, managing stakeholders, and quality control.
- Beneficial, but not required: Experience or major study focus in German and/or International employment law and adjacent areas such as social insurance and tax law. Note: The position does not require representation of InnoGames in court cases.
- Beneficial, but not required: Experience or study focus in the legal system of a country other than Germany.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and German.
- Strong understanding of business needs and economic contexts.
- Ability to work independently and in a structured manner.
- Proactive approach and hands-on mentality.
- Hybrid working model. Contribute from your home in any German city. InnoGames switched to a hybrid working model, offering remote work even after all the COVID limitations are gone.
- Equipment delivery. If you are interested in remote work, we will send all the needed equipment to your home office.
- Relocation assistance. If you are interested in relocating to Hamburg/Germany, we will help you relocate to Hamburg/Germany regarding all the needed resources.
- English first. Our company language is English, and we support all our employees and their partners with optional German lessons.
- Outstanding remuneration. We offer competitive compensation & exceptional benefits, ranging from a company gym to smartphone/tablet of your own choice for personal use.
- Career opportunities. We actively support personal development, pay for any necessary study aids and textbooks as well as sending you to conferences and trainings.
- Transportation support. We contribute to your public transport ticket or Internet provider costs and subsidize contributions to the company pension plan.
- Food & drinks. If you work remotely from the Hamburg area, enjoy meals prepared by our in-house chef delivered directly to your home.
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Legal Counsel? We look forward to receiving your application as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Sandra Wandschneider would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Apply and #stayhome! Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we switched our operations company-wide to home office and turned our hiring process into a fully virtual one. When hiring, we are also open for our new team members starting their work remotely at the time being or adjusting contract start dates accordingly. Stay home and safe!