6 days ago
EA's Canadian Legal Team is now looking for an lawyer to join us as Legal Counsel. You will support EA's corporate groups, managing commercial and product related agreements, creating and reviewing company policies, conducting research, and working with Canada, US and European-based Legal Counsels. You will report to the Managing Counsel for Canada. This position can be based in Burnaby (BC), Edmonton (AB), Toronto (ON) or Montreal (QC).
What a Legal Counsel does at EA:
- Be the initial contact within the Canada Legal Team and provide recommendations on a wide variety of matters including licensing, technology, marketing, and corporate matters.
- Assist the Canada Legal Team in supporting EA's corporate departments, including reviewing and implementing contracts, providing training on corporate policies, and managing contingent worker issues.
- Communicate corporate and legal department policies to internal partners, conduct legal research, act to limit EA's legal liabilities, and work with other attorneys, senior management, and representatives of third-party companies.
- Review, draft and negotiate multiple types of contracts, including consulting agreements, marketing agreements, talent agreements, technology agreements, software license and other license agreements, product development agreements and master services agreements.
Who you are:
- Member in good standing of a Canadian Law Society - required
- Common law experience – required
- 3-5 years of experience with a law firm providing services for technology clients or relevant in-house experience with companies in the technology industry
- Experience in employment law
- Experience with the negotiation and preparation of commercial agreements
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
If you're interested in this opportunity, we'd like to learn a little more about you!