Legal Counsel, Marketing & IP
Los Angeles California United States
8 days ago
In EA’s Legal team, we deliver practical solutions to manage risk so our EA teams can focus on offering great gaming experiences. To succeed, we have to put our players first, know our business partners’ goals and emphasize problem-solving by being innovative, nimble and taking smart risks. We think globally, we build valuable partnerships, and we build satisfying and sustainable careers by growing our skills and focusing on work that matters. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
At EA, we inspire the world to play. We are seeking an experienced, creative, and practical marketing & IP attorney to join our team. This position will report to Managing Counsel, IP and help deliver upon EA’s mission to be the world’s greatest games company.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the areas advertising, marketing and promotions law and of soft intellectual property (trademarks, copyrights, right of publicity). The role will advise on marketing and IP issues, drive and own internal legal strategy in the areas of advertising and consumer protection and contribute to EA’s IP and marketing policy work. The role will also develop and maintain global guidelines in partnership with other US and regional legal leads to ensure consistency and best practice.
- Counsel and support product, marketing and Legal teams on content clearance and marketing compliance including on issues such as, advertising requirements, children’s marketing, sweepstakes, tournaments and other promotions, influencer marketing and user-generated content.
- Work with US and Regional legal colleagues to develop or maintain guidelines, templates and policies related to advertising, marketing and promotional requirements.
- Train EA’s game studios, marketing teams, and legal colleagues on IP and marketing issues.
- Partner with the government affairs team to drive trade association policy agenda and efforts in the areas of IP and marketing laws.
- Conduct other legal research or projects as needed.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 3 to 6 years of experience in the areas of marketing and intellectual property law, in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- JD and admission to California State Bar.
- Experience working with and leading paralegals.
- Experience in technology and consumer software products a plus.
- Ability to work independently and successfully contribute to cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with business leaders on complex legal and business issues.
- Sound judgment and excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.