Legal Counsel, IP & Marketing
9 days ago
In EA’s Legal team, we deliver practical solutions to manage risk so our EA teams can focus on offering great gaming experiences. To succeed, we have to put our players first, know our business partners’ goals and emphasize problem-solving by being innovative, nimble and taking smart risks. We think globally, we build valuable partnerships, and we build satisfying and sustainable careers by growing our skills and focusing on work that matters. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative, and driven IP and marketing attorney to join our team. This position will report to Senior Counsel, IP & Marketing and support EA’s global IP and marketing practices to help deliver upon EA’s mission to be the world’s greatest games company.
This position may be based at our offices in either Redwood Shores, California or Los Angeles, California.
The ideal candidate is an early career attorney with interest and experience with trademarks, copyrights, and advertising law, and is a highly motivated self-starter, who is inquisitive and has a passion for video games and technology.
- Draft or review drafts of cease-and-desist letters, takedown notices, and coordinate enforcement solutions with EA’s partners.
- Work with trade associations on anti-piracy and IP enforcement matters and provide feedback on trade association policy agenda and efforts in the area of IP.
- Support IP processes such as EA’s copyright registration and IP permission request process with the support of IP specialists.
- Develop and maintain central tools and processes/resources for EA’s legal approvals team, including disclaimers and legal notices.
- Support marketing counsel in developing, assessing and implementing written guidance on EA’s marketing and advertising policies and practices.
- Support legal approvals associates as needed, including reviewing marketing and advertising materials for content clearance, messaging and disclosures, and preparing contest and other promotion rules.
- Conduct other legal research or projects as needed.
- Practicing attorney with 2+ years of experience in the areas of intellectual property law and/or marketing law, in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- JD and admission to the California State Bar.
- Experience working with paralegals is a plus.