Legal Counsel, Entertainment
11 days ago
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development teams responsible for various entertainment properties, including PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, ELYON, and TERA. The name, which is derived from the word craftsmanship, is an acknowledgement of the company’s never-ending pursuit of innovation and creating engaging experiences.
KRAFTON currently consists of PUBG Studio, Striking Distance Studios, Bluehole Studio, and RisingWings. KRAFTON is rapidly growing and seeking a Counsel who will be full-time in Los Angeles or the Bay Area, California. This is a great opportunity to think independently, take initiative of legal affairs, and work in one of the most exciting industries in the world. As Legal Counsel, you will be part of a fast-growing legal department and will report directly to the Head of Global Legal.
- Draft, negotiate, advise and review entertainment related agreements including: talent, writer, director, and production agreements
- Draft, negotiate, advise, and review commercial agreements including: services, marketing, publishing, licensing, technology and data privacy-related agreements, etc.
- Plan and direct legal affairs and ensure business policies and activities are managed correctly and in compliance with current laws
- Provide hands-on counsel to all levels of the organization and manage the operations of the legal department globally
- Ensure that company communications, contracts, documents, filings and press releases undergo legal review
- Review changes to law and regulations and advise regarding any impact to the business
- Engage and coordinate with outside counsel as well as the legal team in HQ in Seoul for certain matters
- Other relevant legal duties as assigned
- Juris Doctorate from a top accredited law school
- Admission to the California Bar
- 5-10 years of experience in a major law firm or in a gaming company
- 3-5 years of experience in the entertainment industry
- Knowledge of Korean a plus, but not required
- Must have a sense of humor and interest in gaming
- Strong sense of customer support and excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Analytical, detail-oriented, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Weekly Grubhub lunch stipend
- Game and Fitness reimbursement programs
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops and free PUBG play on Steam
- Fun team building activities throughout the year
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.