Legal Counsel – Corporate/M&A
21 days ago
Voodoo is a tech company that creates mobile games and apps. With 6 billion downloads and over 300 million monthly active users, Voodoo is the #2 mobile publisher worldwide in terms of downloads after Google.
The company is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having raised over $1B and backed by Goldman Sachs, Tencent, and GBL.
Voodoo is now a team of over 700 employees worldwide, we’re looking for talented individuals from across the globe to come and entertain the world with us.
Our Corporate teams support the company’s performance and growth whilst putting people at the core of everything they do. As a French tech leader and global successful company, our Corporate teams are constantly looking for ways to innovate and increase organization efficiency to keep Voodoo ahead of the market. Voodoo’s Corporate function is composed of four teams: People, Legal, M&A and Finance, working together to drive Voodoo’s success.
You will be a member of the Legal Team. As Legal Counsel in Voodoo’s Corporate M&A team, your role entails acting as a business partner with/for the operational teams to fulfill their business and legal needs by handling group corporate projects, and to support the company’s growth strategy (both external and internal).
- Supporting the company’s M&A strategy requiring quick adaptation to an international and fast changing environment
- Assisting with other special corporate projects, such as joint ventures and employee incentive mechanisms
- Working on Corporate Governance issues
- Handling various corporate law issues in all jurisdictions where we operate, covering a very broad range of time zones
- Handling the setting-up of new entities in the entire world as well as assisting their day-to-day operations of business
- Managing the relationships with external counsels and internal teams
- You will highly contribute to the growth strategy of the group companies, but also to the reliability of the daily corporate life of the group
- You will be a part of a dynamic team involved in strategic and impactful projects
- Three to five years of relevant professional experience. Prior experience in an international law firm is highly preferable
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to provide concise, commercially driven legal advice
- Skills, willingness, and initiative to own legal issues across many different jurisdictions
- Strong knowledge of corporate law and transactional practices
- Fluency in English and French required (communication and legal drafting)
- Business-oriented, creative, and full of initiative
- Constant search for excellence in the work that you do
Nice to have:
- Fluency or proficiency in another language where Voodoo’s business is present
- Prior experience in gaming or a tech company
- Experience in both France and another jurisdiction will be highly considered
The role is base in our HQ, Paris
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive salary upon experience
- Comprehensive relocation package (including visa support)
- Swile Lunch voucher
- Gymlib (100% borne by Voodoo)
- Premium healthcare coverage for your family 100% borne by Voodoo
- Child day care facilities (Les Petits Chaperons rouges)
- Wellness activities in our Paris office
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Remote days