Legal Counsel (1 yr contract)
13 days ago
Job Title:Legal Counsel (1 yr contract)
Blizzard Entertainment Ltd. is looking for a professional Legal Counsel with 5-7 years of experience who can support legal matters in South Korea and Japan as well as global projects and contracts. The ideal candidate is a Legal Counsel who has in-depth legal knowledge and experience focusing on regulations governing the gaming industry, esports, personal data protection and e-commerce. This position will join the Legal Affairs team in Korea while working as part of the global legal team of Activision Blizzard. This position will report to director of Legal Affairs in Korea or someone in the Korean Legal team
Role & Responsibility
- Provide strategic advice and hands-on legal support for the publishing operations, development teams, studios, esports, and other departments.
- Draft, structure, negotiate, review, and advise on agreements and business commitments in Korea and other regions as requested (including distribution agreements, license agreements, IT licenses, and service agreements and tournament agreements).
- Conduct legal researches on various topics in a timely manner.
- Manage and resolve pending or threatened disputes between Activision Blizzard and other parties.
- Assist HR related legal matters and compliance matters.
- Assist with and manage other duties and special projects as requested by the Legal Director.
- Work with the global legal team and work on global projects to establish best practices for the department.
- Interact with government authorities (e.g., investigations or inquiries from the governments).
- 5+ years of extensive experience at private law firms and/or multinational corporations focusing on commercial laws including e-commerce and privacy.(Job title may vary depending on the candidate’s experience and expertise)
- Bar membership in Korea or in another jurisdiction.
Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth understanding of laws and regulations related to IT, gaming (PC, mobile or console) or entertainment industry.
- Ability to provide valuable advice and solutions to business timely assessing various aspects and risks comprehensively.
- Fluent in English and Korean.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and overall tech savvy.
- Ability to communicate effectively across various business functions and territories and an aptitude for working with people with diverse backgrounds and personalities at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with accuracy, reliability, and pride in work product, under deadline pressure.
- High level of integrity.
- Familiar with work environment and roles and responsibility of the Legal team in a multi-national company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Understanding on the gaming industry and games published by Activision Blizzard.