Legal & Business Affairs Associate (Commercial & Content Team)
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
SIEE Legal & Business Affairs Department has a key role in advancing and defining the commercial strategy of the PlayStation® business in EMEA, as well as dealing with the commercial and legal aspects of all transactions and the enforcement of its IPs and brand protection.
We are looking for a talented associate level lawyer who wants to work closely with PlayStation business stakeholders, assisting in all aspects of commercial legal transactions.
What you'll be doing:
Advising, business partners in respect of commercial transactional arrangements; developing strong internal relationships with global legal counterparts and business stakeholders; drafting and negotiating agreements across a variety of company commercial areas including IT procurement, Software development, Licensing, Business Development, Operations, Retail trading and the Network business. Examples of transactional arrangements include:
- Third party services agreements and global framework arrangements
- IT services, maintenance agreements and outsourcing agreements
- Network infrastructure and carriage agreements relating to Network services
- Logistics, transport, and warehousing arrangements
- Commercial technology licensing agreements
- Platform access / integration agreements
- IP/content licensing agreements
- Hardware and software supply agreements
- Trading terms / supply of services agreement
- SAAS agreements and software licences
- Software development and middleware agreements
- Company acquisition, disposal transactions and intra-company arrangements and related company integration arrangements
- Ad hoc project work
- Supporting Senior L&BA team members across the Commercial and Content team
- Working closely with support staff and paralegals on the team
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.