Legal Associate, Contracts (Non-Attorney)
9 days ago
EA was founded by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders and fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe. We are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
This is a non-attorney role and will report to a Senior Product Counsel. The role can be based in Los Angeles or Seattle.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance and support from a Senior Legal Associate and/or Product Counsel and in line with EA’s standard templates and guidance, draft and review a wide range of commercial agreements, including software and content licenses, consulting agreements, SAAS agreements (including data protection agreements), influencer and promotion agreements.
- Adept at escalating issues to appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Comfortable adapting templates for different needs under the direction of a Senior Legal Associate and/or Product Counsel.
- Regularly attend meetings with key legal and business stakeholders to build a knowledge of the business, support partners and determine how to prioritize work.
Our next Licensing Associate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience. Paralegal certificate from ABA approved program preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience as a paralegal with a law firm or in-house providing services for technology or entertainment clients.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and legal teams.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish strong working relationships with business owners.
- Ability to manage the entire contract process from initial contract, negotiation, and through execution, under the direction of a Senior Legal Associate and/or Product Counsel.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with the ability to multitask and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
- Desire to learn and grow in the role.
- Experience in the Games Industry is a plus.