Contracts Administrator, Business Affairs
10 days ago
Who We Are:
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Zynga. Our products are currently designed for console gaming systems, PC, and Mobile, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
While our offices (physical and virtual) are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
The selected candidate will serve as a Contracts Administrator in the Take-Two offices (either New York, San Mateo, Austin or other select locations) supporting several Business Affairs attorneys, with a focus on contract management systems. Candidate must possess critical thinking skills and strong business acumen, and be extremely organized, great at multi-tasking, proactive and able to engage in complex work, including drafting and reviewing legal agreements and creating databases of contractual terms and provisions. The selected candidate will also provide day-to-day administrative and paralegal services at a dynamic entertainment company.
What You’ll Take On
- Drive the implementation, maintenance and use of contract management systems and related processes.
- Participate in the planning, selection, implementation and training of key technology resources for the Business Affairs team. Manage enhancements and upgrades to such systems. Troubleshoot issues with internal technology teams and vendors. Champion the use of such systems within the company.
- Manage contract templates, playbooks and clause libraries through a contract management system and other tools.
- Provide support to Business Affairs attorneys who handle matters related to the development, production, marketing, distribution and licensing of videogames as well as other corporate matters.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a wide variety of legal agreements.
- Administer the contract tracking, approval and execution process.
- Prepare contract summaries and internal reports.
- Counsel our in-house client business teams and keep them informed of the contracting process.
- Plan and implement initiatives to build databases of contractual terms to bring a data-driven approach to contract management and to support strategic decision making.
- Analyze deals within a matrix of rights held by third parties, such as content distributors, hardware manufacturers, sports leagues, record labels, music publishers, actors and other talent, technology licensors, software developers, entertainment companies, advertising agencies, ancillary merchandise vendors, data analytics providers, information technology vendors and similar entities.
- Assist attorneys with research via the Internet and other means and report research findings.
- Update attorneys on the status of various issues and projects to ensure attorneys are kept informed of new developments.
- Perform clerical activities: maintain files; photocopy, fax, mail, and messenger documents and correspondence; process and track expense report submissions; and make arrangements for meetings and travel.
- Serve as part of the Legal team helping Take-Two’s publishing labels create the most innovative and creative products in the most efficient way possible.
What You Bring
- College degree.
- Strong academic background and excellent critical thinking skills.
- Experience in or desire to learn about the legal field. This opportunity can be a great path for those candidates considering applying to law school.
- Ability to work with contract management software, such as Ironclad, Agiloft or other similar systems.
- Ability to perform data analytics tasks that require accuracy and strong organizational skills.
- Eager and quick to learn new complex subject matters.
- Must possess common sense, patience, good humor, and a commitment to teamwork.
- Strong administrative problem-solving skills and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills and thorough follow-up.
- Takes ownership of projects, shows initiative and commitment to drive matters to completion.
- Team-player who can multi-task and work well under pressure, with constantly changing priorities.
- Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, clients and vendors.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the videogame industry.
- Must be Internet savvy, computer proficient and able to quickly learn new software applications.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between $75,000 and $110,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.