This job might no longer be available.
Legal Assistant, Business Affairs
New York, New York, United States
9 months ago
Take-Two was built to change the way people view the gaming industry. Since then, T2 has become one of the most elite entertainment companies in the world. We create the games we would want to play ourselves.
We develop and publish products through our labels Rockstar Games, 2K, Ghost Story, our new Private Division label and Social Point, a leading developer of mobile games.
As part of the Take-Two community, you will be counted on in your role as a Legal Assistant, Business Affairs, to support our in-house attorneys who oversee global Business Affairs in an extremely fast paced and fun environment. Your role will include reviewing, proofreading and drafting a variety of legal documents and assisting on matters related to the development, production, marketing, distribution and licensing of video-games as well as other corporate matters. We work with artists, celebrities, professional sports players and many other major vendors and contractors across the world. If you're passionate about helping us make a difference and having fun while doing it, then we would love to hear from you.
We need your skills to help continue our quest in becoming the most creative, innovative and efficient company in the interactive entertainment industry.
Join us in today's most dynamic segment in all of entertainment!
- You’ll be counted on to help in drafting contracts on customary forms with attorney supervision and to assist with administering the contract tracking and execution process, including the distribution of contracts and other important corporate documents for department attorneys.
- You’ll be relied upon to provide support to the Business Affairs Attorneys who handle matters related to the development, production, marketing, distribution and licensing of video-games as well as other corporate matters.
- You’ll help analyze deals within a matrix of rights held by third parties, such as content distributors, hardware manufacturers, sports leagues, record labels, music publishers, union talent, technology licensors, software developers, movie studios, comic book publishers, advertising agencies, ancillary merchandise vendors and others.
- You’ll be diligent in proofreading legal documents and correspondence and you will alert attorneys of incorrect or unclear items.
- You’ll be relied upon to assist attorneys with a variety of corporate housekeeping duties (research, project updates and contract summaries/reports, document tracking, special projects, etc.)
- You’ll perform clerical activities: maintain files; photocopy, fax, mail, and messenger documents and correspondence; make arrangements for meetings and travel, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Startup Mentality: You’re currently managing (or seek to manage) a high volume of detail-oriented work and consider yourself to be extremely flexible as your projects change rapidly on any given day.
- Organized: You’re in a role (or seek a role) in which you consistently manage competing projects and follow a consistent process in order to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication: You often find yourself (or seek to be) communicating with the legal department, senior management, or outside law firms to resolve issues on highly confidential matters with discretion.
- Detail Oriented: You don’t miss details. You are able to proofread, create and present legal documents and contracts using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Curious: You have limited to no legal experience or you have a couple of years of legal experience, but you seek a role in which you’re able to develop new skills and learn more about legal and business affairs issues in the entertainment industry.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Great Company Culture: Creativity and innovation are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success. We foster an inclusive and dynamic work environment which drives our success, ideas, and creativity, and which makes us a leader in the interactive entertainment industry. We’re consistently ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work.
- Work Hard, Play Hard: We like that our employees bond, blow off steam, and flex some creative muscles. Whether it’s yoga, Zumba, coloring on the roof, or a summer favorite—the ice cream social. These events encourage employees to tap into what keeps them going.
- Benefits: Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, commuter benefits and more!
- Perks: Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, snacks, food & treats, earn up to $500+ per year to taking care of yourself, generous PTO.