Leave Program Manager (HR)
San Mateo, CA, United States
2 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
HR Leave Program Manager
Do you thrive in a high-energy environment? Do you love supporting programs that serve our employees ? Come join Sony Interactive Entertainment and be part of our creative benefits team.
You will report to the Sr. Manager, Benefits and work in partnership with PlayStation’s current Leave Manager. The main focus of this role is to help administer PlayStation’s leave of absence programs. The scope includes FMLA, ADA, maternity/paternity, personal leave, and worker’s compensation in the United States and Canada. The Leave Program Manager will also interact with employees and oversee reasonable accommodations, modified work schedules, and partner with counsel on critical issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage leave of absence vendor and serve as a point of contact for leaves of absence, including: FMLA, State Family Leaves, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Military, General, and Paid Parental
- Facilitate and lead interactive discussions with employees related to the ADA process
- Serve as liaison between leave of absence third party administrator, legal counsel and HR Business Partners, addressing and resolving all partner concerns
- Assess benefits and payroll associated with employees on leave of absence
- Ensure HRIS system accurately reflects employees on leave of absence
- Ensure extraordinary customer service experience by responding timely and accurately to leave related questions through email, phone and face-to-face interactions
- Help to review and implement new processes and procedures and update Leave of Absence forms, templates and policies
- Provide departmental training, which will be customized to meet the specific departmental needs
- Training topics for management, supervisors and employees may include: fundamentals of Workers Compensation, Disability Management Services (DMS), the Return-to-Work process, rights & responsibilities, and the relationship between RTW and ADA & FMLA
- Stay abreast of the ever-changing environment governing leaves from federal, state and local levels and from a standard methodologies perspective
Required Academic & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in HR and/or Legal
- 5+ years of experience in regulatory compliance EEO, FMLA, ADA, WC, etc.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA’s):
- Maintains current knowledge of government activities in regulatory compliance
- Well versed in calculating statutory benefit offsets and auditing Payroll reports
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel (Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint
- Strong social skills; ability to develop effective relationships and partnerships with HR Business Partners, HRIS, HR Shared Services Team, Legal, Finance, Accounting and other partners at all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer orientation
- Ability to flourish in a team environment; as well as work independently
- Solution driven using creative and innovative ways to approach a problem or answer a question
- High attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Experience using Workday and Salesforce preferred
- Background of working in Microsoft SharePoint environment
- Passionate and sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and willingness to take risks; ability to use creativity to problem solve; ability to look at human resources in new and different ways; desire to make a difference.
- Demonstrates confidence, credibility, good judgment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.