Learning and Development Coordinator
7 days ago
With a rich history of developing multiple AAA franchises such as Little Big Planet and Crackdown, as well as contributing to genre-defining titles like the Forza Motorsport and Hitman series, Sumo Sheffield’s vast development experience spans multiple genres and platforms.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
The team have a track record of working on some of the world's biggest and best games and received two BAFTAs for their work on Sackboy: A Big Adventure. As the scale and exclusivity of projects continues to grow, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Sumo Sheffield family!
Coming into Sumo, you would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment within a sustainable but growing business where you can learn and collaborate with some exceptionally talented people in the industry.
Sumo Digital Ltd is a dynamic organization and the environment is fluid. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and objectives as well as to tap into the skills and talents of its employees. This job description therefore contains representative duties and minimum requirements for the role, however they are not designed to be exhaustive. We reserve the right to amend a Job Description at any time, with or without notice.
This role is available on a hybrid basis, you need to be able to travel into our Sheffield studio.
In this role you will:
- Query resolution for learning sites support issues;
- Manage learning management system inbox;
- Be the point of contact for content creation administration queries;
- Be responsible for course/event management for learning and collaboration programmes;
- Create reports on mandatory learning for relevant stakeholders;
- Create relevant reports on learner engagement for studios and services;
- Manage purchase orders and invoicing;
- Assign and facilitate completion of annual compliance programmes alongside essential learning for new starters and provide reports on completion status;
- Liaise with Office Managers/Admin/Studio Engagement Managers for room bookings and set up for in person training events;
- Create content as needed for our learning platform;
- Administer onboarding and pre-hire learning site;
- Perform regular maintenance of our learning experience platform;
- Deliver training virtually or face to face as required.
You will have:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook);
- Experience of reporting on learning activity;
- Experience of working in administration;
- Good customer service skills;
- The ability to manage workload;
- Good communication skills at all levels.
What we offer:
. Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
. ULEV car scheme
. Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
. Salary Sacrifice Pension
. Flexible Working
. 21 days free-use holiday
+ your birthday off
+ 5 learning days including 1 volunteer day
+ a duvet day
+ Christmas shutdown from Christmas Eve to New Year
+ Bank Holidays
+ extra allowance accrued for longer service
. Free dental insurance
. Life Assurance 4x Salary
. Income Protection of 75% for 5 years
. Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
. Employee Assistance Programme:
. Help at Hand - Remote GP, Mental Health & Physio appointments
. Free financial & home buying support consultations
. Cycle to Work Scheme
. Payroll Giving Scheme
. Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
. Career Development Pathway
. Wrap Parties.
. Project Completion Awards
. Game/Creative Jams
. Big Family Events
. Studio social activities, e.g. running, board games, film, yoga, life drawing…
. Prism – Sumo’s employee diversity focus group
. Free fruit and drinks in our studios
. Employee Referral Bonus
. Relocation Support to the UK
. Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Sheffield
Sumo Sheffield is located just outside the city centre in Sumo Digital’s HQ, just off J34 on the M1 and a stone’s throw from the city’s primary shopping and leisure complex. With a multi-building campus comprised of industry-leading facilities, an onsite gym and subsidised canteen, Sumo Sheffield provides everything needed for all teams to create the world’s best games.
Sheffield is the fifth largest city in the UK and is easily accessible by road and rail from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. The city enjoys a wealth of facilities to suit a wide array of interests, including:
o World-class sports facilities
o Iconic theatres and galleries
o Multiple retail and shopping experiences
o Diverse and renowned restaurants and eateries
o The award-winning National Video Game Museum
More about Sumo Digital
Sumo Digital is an award-winning international family of studios. Recent releases from Sumo Digital studios include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.