Learning Development Specialist
9 days ago
Job Title:Learning Development Specialist
Learning Development Specialist
Job Title: Instructional Development Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Location: Santa Monica, Ca.
As a Learning Development Specialist, do you want to help build industry-leading, engaging learning experiences specifically focused on helping our employees grown develop in their careers within our Activision Quality Assurance team? You'll work closely with studio and business unit executives & leaders, in addition to industry leading external partners, to create innovative learning experiences! Spanning across the full employee lifecycle your curriculum will focus on (but not be limited to) things like onboarding, career/feedback labs, digital learning curation, craft providing training for our QA team members and manager/team playbooks. Build and maintain relationships with targeted partner groups across multiple QA sites and studios. The ideal candidate will be able to help create and develop industry-leading learning experiences using video and industry-leading tools to provide best in class learning to all employees. At Activision, we build some of the most engaging video games in the world, and we are looking for an instructional developer to match those experiences by leveling up our training for our employees.
- Align to the needs and scale of targeted employee populations, including (but not limited to) our quality assurance teams, game development studios, engineering teams and supporting business teams across Activision, Blizzard and King globally.
- Develop curriculum strategy that aligns with the overarching L&D and business strategy / objectives while also delivering on results through a multi-year curriculum roadmaps across different tracks and expertise domains across all aspects of game development.
- Collaborate with internal partners (i.e., QA Leadership team, HR teams, talent teams, people analytics, tech teams, etc.) to deliver superior, new to role and cross-functional training experiences across the enterprise.
- Create content using industry leading tools like Articulate Rise, Storyline or Captivate.
- Bring together and edit video footage of site leadership, process steps, etc. to be integrated into learning experiences.
- Basic graphic design capabilities including authoring and creating logos, iconography, basic branding, visual templates etc.
- Basic web design or CMS experience capabilities including basic curation in SABA or learning experience platforms.
- In partnership with selected vendors, design and deploy learning and development curriculum, leading the development of blended learning options to support. independent, classroom, and team-based findings.
- Identify and secure Learning and Development partners responsible for delivering content or curriculum, as well as supporting partner performance and attainment of contracted goals and outcomes.
- Develop learning program curriculum assets, owning the creation of interactive learning experiences grounded in the full ADDIE lifecycle.
- Partner with our global learning and development team, create a suite of leadership focused, blended learning experiences focused on specific business unit needs.
Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years professional experience actively designing or developing corporate or higher education learning curriculum
- Proven track record to apply the Adobe Creative Suite to build learning/graphic assets
- Proficient with current e-learning development software including Articulate Storyline, Rise 360 and/or Captivate
- Create and assemble light, bite-sized video, specifically in processes step documentation and leadership testimonials.
- Authority in adult learning/measurement modalities and theory (ADDIE, experiential design, Kirkpatrick etc.)
- Work autonomously in a fast-paced work environment while completing multiple priorities
- A bias toward action and creative problem solving
- Able to work in ambiguous situations and across interpersonal boundaries
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel), e-learning software development (Captivate, Storyline)
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and/or Learning Experience Applications.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more meaningful. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we champion purpose and a sense of accomplishment through balanced competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating diversity is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of a diverse set of backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.