Learning & Development Coordinator
19 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes , shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time ). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies . In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America .
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What We Are Looking For:
Skillz is looking for a Learning & Development Coordinator who has devotion to learning. We are investing in our employees to ensure that each & every person is set up for success & enabling them with the resources to grow with us. This role will report to our Head of Learning and Development and will be based in one of 4 offices: Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland and Vancouver (May work remote until it's safe to return to our offices).
What You will do
- Support the administrative and logistic needs of the Learning & Development function.
- Maintain a calendar of all learning programs and events.
- Responsible for day to day coordination of all learning programs.
- Manage tasks associated with our Learning Management System including course enrollment, scheduling and tracking learning activities, updating rosters and attendees, working directly with instructors, and collecting and analyzing participant feedback.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks, special projects, and learning initiatives.
- Support the production of distance learning events utilizing the latest technologies.
- Produce various monthly update reports for evaluations and attendance.
- Support and contribute to the design of learning content.
- Coordinate all scheduling and communications related to internal learning experiences (Pilot, Launch, and Ongoing Programs.)
Your Skillz :
- 2+ years of experience in learning & development
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills; a communication style that exhibits expertise, confidence, and customer sensitivity
- Proficiency using technologies (Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack)
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .