This job might no longer be available.
League Operations Coordinator
São Paulo, Brazil
3 months ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That's where you come in.
As League Operations Coordinator, your job is to improve all local leagues, and also help develop new ones that might come down the road. You’ll ensure that all the rules and the competitive Integrity is taken in consideration on all decisions the esports team takes. Also your job will be to ensure that the CBLOL is at the same level of quality of other the leagues in the organization. You will also schedule the Brazilian league according to all international events developed by Riot and be the local expert for our local league. You will report to the Esports Operations Manager.
- Ruleset: responsible for writing and disseminating the ruleset for competitive play, tracking and enforcing the rosters of professional players set forth for each professional team in the league;
- League Details: determine the schedule for play, the prize pool and relative distribution. Scheduling the CBLOL, including match-level scheduling (who plays with whom and when), including agreement on global guidelines;
- League Integrity: ultimate responsibility for the integrity of competitive play. At the competition, the overarching responsibility of the League Operations Coordinator is to ensure that competition is running according to plan and schedule, and that there is a proper response to any unforeseen incidents;
- Global Alignment: ensure that all global policies are being applied in Brazil, taking in consideration the local markets needs;
- Vendors Management: provide guidelines and manage league operations vendors;
- International League: be the Local Expert on sending and receiving suggestions for Local and International Leagues
Desired experience of 3 years in league management and esports/sports plus experience developing rulesets and tournament schedules. Also we are looking for candidates with English in a professional working proficiency.
- Desired experience working in esports/sports leagues managing vendor for more than 3 years;
- Profound connection to the of League of Legends competitive scenario and community as contributor and fan;
- Previous professional experiences managing sports operation crisis;
- Previous professional experiences on developing and adapting sports rulesets and schedules.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Pension Plan with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Bonus compensation plan according employee annual performance
- Meal voucher and office catering
- Yearly budget for education support (books, training, workshops)
- Scholarship support (after 12 months at Riot and according to employee’s development plan aligned with your manager)
- Day-care aid (for employee's child until 2 years old)
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.